Terms & Conditions
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF UNIQUEST TRAVEL
Reservations & payment:
- The client who signifies his acceptance of a booking does so,on behalf of himself and persons under his authority which means that all are bound by the booking conditions as if they had individually made the application themselves. All bookings are made with Uniquest Travel and no person has any authority on its behalf to vary any of the terms and conditions which are applicable.
- A non-refundable deposit of 10% (minimum R500) is required at time of booking, together with a signed booking form. You confirm that you have read and accepted these General Terms and Conditions. Documents can only be released upon receipt of final payment and supporting documentation.
- Deposits need to be received within 48 hours of receipt of the client’s invoice to prevent airlines from cancelling seats. Should an airline cancel a clients seat due to non-payment within 48 hours, the client will be responsible for the difference in seat price, should Uniquest Travel be unable to re-instate the booking on the original seat class.
- Bookings shall be considered full and paid up once a final invoice has been issued and paid within 48 hours of the issuing of such an invoice. Should the invoice not be paid within this time, Uniquest Travel reserves the right to re-issue the invoice should there be an increase in foreign exchange rates, airline rates or any other related cost.
- Should a client elect to pay the deposit and pay the balance due within six weeks of departure date (as set out in clause 6), the client fully understands that the price may increase due to foreign exchange fluctuations, airline rate increases or any other related cost and that the client will be responsible for the incremental costs.
- The full amount due by the client to Uniquest Travel shall be payable not less than six weeks prior to the date of departure. If the full amount is not paid in due time, Uniquest Travel reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled. Bookings made within six weeks of the departure date must be paid in full immediately.
- Prices quoted for packages are for cash settlements only or, bank transfer/bank deposit. Uniquest Travel does not entertain credit card facilities for accommodation and tour operator packages. ALL credit card payments are subject to a 3.5% levy from our operators. We accept credit card payments for airline tickets and car hire, a completed a signed credit card form must accompany the copy of the front and back of the credit card and positive proof of ID or passport will be required. Documents will not be issued without this.
- Cancellation insurance is compulsory for all Uniquest Travel bookings, and it is the client’s responsibility to arrange cancellation insurance and in the event of payment made by credit card, the client is to ensure that they are adequately covered. It is strongly recommended that clients also take out personal and baggage insurance. Insurance disclaimer forms will be required should you opt not to take out further travel insurance.
- The client acknowledges that the tour price and itinerary disclosed to him/her at the time of booking, or alternatively at the time that the contract was concluded, may be varied by Uniquest Travel from time to time, without notice to the client, at the discretion of Uniquest Travel and provided the itinerary is not substantially different from the itinerary that the client anticipated enjoying, the client shall not be entitled to cancel the contract.
- The client acknowledges that it is his/her responsibility to ensure that he is possessed of the necessary travel documents that may be required in respect of the proposed tour and itinerary as well as all health and other certificates that may be required from time to time.
- It is recorded that the contract may contemplate a tour /journey to an area (s) where the client may be exposed to danger and the client has agreed to execute a waiver of rights against Uniquest Travel and others as an integral part of the contract. The client (which shall be deemed to include the heirs, executors, administrators or assigns of the client) does hereby irrevocably waive and abandon all and whatsoever rights which the client may have against Uniquest Travel, in consequence of any damage, injury or otherwise of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising which may be sustained directly or indirectly by the client in consequence of any act of omission or commission by Uniquest Travel or other in consequence of the conclusion of the contract and the client undertaking the tour / journey contemplated in the contract. In no way derogating from the foregoing, the client does hereby indemnify, hold harmless and absolve Uniquest Travel or other , from all and whatsoever claims which may be tenable by the client as aforesaid, irrespective of the nature thereof and howsoever arising.
- These terms constitute the entire terms of the relationship between the parties. There exist no other terms and conditions regulating their relationship. No amendment cancellation or waiver of any term or right referred to herein shall be valid or binding unless reduced to writing and signed by both parties.
- The client acknowledges that save and except for what has been stated herein, there exist no warranties, representations, guarantees, promises, undertaking or inducements of any nature whatsoever. Any matter or things said by any person on behalf of Uniquest Travel or purportedly on behalf of Uniquest Travel, irrespective as to the position such person occupies, and which is not stated herein, shall not be binding on Uniquest Travel irrespective as to the nature and extent of any such things, and the client acknowledges that he/she has not relied on any matter or thing stated on behalf of Uniquest Travel that is not included herein.
- Special terms and conditions regarding deposits, payments, and cancellation fees may be imposed by various service providers from time to time. All reservations are subject to such terms and conditions and it is your duty to ensure that you are familiar with the special terms and conditions of any such service provider. Uniquest Travel acts as agent only for such service providers and you will be deemed to contract with them directly subject to their special terms and conditions as aforesaid.
- If any payment is dishonored, we reserve the right to cancel all services, arrangements and bookings without prior notification. Furthermore, we reserve the right to claim damages to cover any costs incurred by ourselves as a result of the dishonored payment.
- Amendments –Late bookings – Cancellations:
All cancellations must be in writing. The following fees will be levied for cancellations. For cancellations received less than:
6 weeks prior to departure 50% of tour cost
3 weeks prior to departure 60% of tour cost
2 weeks prior to departure 80% of tour cost
1 week prior to departure 100% of tour cost
Should the client amend his booking at any stage, either in the form of a date change, itinerary amendment or any other change whatsoever, Uniquest Travel reserves the right to charge an amendment fee of R300 per person.
17. No refund for unused services will be considered if cancelled after departure. Cancellation and curtailment insurance is available through your travel agent. We urge all passengers to ensure that they are adequately insured.
18. In accordance with standard procedure of tour operators worldwide, we reserve the right to cancel the tour/travel arrangements prior to departure, in which event the entire payment will be refunded without any further obligation on the part of Uniquest Travel.
Uniquest Travel will endeavour to maintain prices quoted and published. However, where increases due to currency fluctuations, airfare increases, hoteliers increases and other factors outside our control do arise, surcharges will be made to cover such increases.
20. Itinerary Variations:
Whilst every effort is made to follow all published itineraries, we reserve the right to make changes necessary due to circumstances beyond our control. This does not constitute my reason for a refund.
We reserve the right to substitute confirmed hotel, cruisers and other accommodation with others of a similar or higher category, at no additional cost to the passenger. Check-in time is usually 14.00 hrs, and check-out time latest 12.00 noon. For early/late check-in/out, an additional fee will be charged.
22. Not included in tour price:
Airport and border taxes, cost of passports, visas, laundry, porterage, telephone calls, food and beverages (unless specified: B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner), and other items of a personal nature which are listed as optional or not included in the tour cost. Only such airfares as detailed in each itinerary are included. Tips to hotel staff, guides and drivers are left to the discretion of the passengers. We urge our passengers to conform to international standards with regard to tipping. A guide to recommended rates will be given.
It is the personal responsibility of each passenger to ensure that they are in possession of the correct documentation prior to departure. The company shall not accept any responsibility for any consequences of any nature whatsoever, arising from the passengers failing to ensure that they have complied with the necessary health/passport/visa requirements.
Vouchers for pre-paid expenses and tour services are non-endorsable, non refundable and non-transferable. No refund will be considered for unused services whether that form part of the basic inclusive tour package or whether they are in respect of a pre-booked optional arrangement.
a) Taxes: Uniquest Travel will advise you of all mandatory taxes, which you must pay before departure. However, many countries charge departure taxes that can only be paid locally. It is therefore recommended that you retain sufficient local currency to meet such charges. Details of departure taxes can be obtained from the relevant airline when you reconfirm your flight details.
b) Special requests: We can pass on any special requests that you may wish to make at the time of booking, but acceptance of such requests is at the discretion of the airline or other supplier and in no circumstances are special requests guaranteed. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier, or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation, is not confirmation that the request will be met.
c) Medical Problems: If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your holiday, you need to give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline their reservation. We reserve the right to cancel the reservation should we become aware of any such medical problem or disability which has not been disclosed.
d) Renovations: Hotels undergo renovations from time to time and take all possible steps to limit disruption to their guests. We will not entertain complaints or requests for refunds if a hotel is carrying out renovations whilst a guest is resident. If we are specifically advised of renovation work, dates may be provided. It is important to remember that these are subject to change and we are not always notified.
e) Charges to your credit card: Any charges made to your credit card whilst away are your responsibility. Uniquest Travel will not be responsible, nor accept responsibility for having these charges reversed or corrected upon return to South Africa.
f) Drivers Licence: Even if you have obtained an international drivers licence, please take your national driver’s licence with you.
g) Confidentiality: Subject to statutory constraints or compliance with an order of court, Uniquest Travel undertakes to deal with all client information of a personal nature on a strictly confidential basis.
The tour producer, Uniquest Travel and agents act as booking agents on behalf of principals and accept no liability for any death, injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or other irregularity whatsoever and howsoever arising and render the services on condition that they shall in no way be liable, or accept any responsibility in respect of any detail, negligence or otherwise with regards to hotels, sightseeing or any other services, nor are they liable for any loss or damage or additional expense or inconvenience caused by changes in schedules, delays, sickness, injury (or death) or any other cause whatsoever. Under no circumstances will Uniquest Travel or any of the aforementioned parties be liable for consequential loss or damage. The airlines concerned are not to be held responsible for any act, omission, or event during the time the passengers are not aboard their aircraft. The passenger ticket in use by the airline shall constitute the sole contract between airline and purchaser of such ticket and/or the passenger. All prices, airfares, schedules, excursions, hotels and itineraries etc. in this brochure are subject to change, withdrawal or substitution without notice.
Uniquest Travel reserves the right to increase the tour fares due to any increase in airline tariffs, fuel costs, game reserve fees, or fluctuation of exchange rates.
Flight and Other Travel Timings
Flight timings are provided by airlines and are subject to Air Traffic Control restrictions. All means of transportation are subject to weather conditions, the need for constant maintenance, and the ability of passengers to check-in on time. There is no guarantee that flights, ferries, ships, trains or coaches will depart at the times stated on any itinerary or tickets which you receive. All timings are estimates only, and we do not accept any liability for any delay, however arising, or for any schedule alterations.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you reconfirm the departure date and times of all your flights at least 72 hours prior to departure. This is particularly important in respect of subsequent journeys once leaving South Africa and Uniquest Travel hereby specifically excludes any liability for any delay and/or loss as a result of your failure to reconfirm any flight and/or connecting flight.
In the unlikely event of there being an unscheduled extension to the holiday caused by flight delays, bad weather, strikes, or any other cause which is beyond the control of Uniquest Travel, it is understood that the expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions, (hotel accommodation etc.), will be for the account of the passenger. Uniquest Travel accepts no liability for changes, omissions or delays before or during the course of any holiday occasioned by technical difficulties, weather conditions, strikes or communication breakdowns or the like.
Airline Refund Procedures
a) Refund policies of the various airlines vary greatly. Tickets returned to Uniquest Travel, will be presented to the relevant airline for assessment. Should a refund be authorised, such refund will be made to you, less any cancellation or administration charges
b) If payment for the ticket was made to Uniquest Travel by credit card, the refund will be made to your credit card. Cash payments will be refunded by EFT
c) Partly used tickets will be refunded at less than the pro rata rate on the face value of such ticket.
d) Refunds may take up to 12 weeks to process although this time frame cannot be guaranteed by Uniquest Travel
Passports, Visas and Health
It is entirely the clients duty to ensure that all passports & visas are current, valid, obtained on time and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactics (e.g. for malaria) and the like, where required, have been obtained. Passports must be valid for 6 months after return to South Africa. Please check the requirements with your travel agent before travelling. Uniquest Travel will endeavour to assist the client but such assistance will be at Uniquest Travel discretion and the client acknowledges that in doing so, Uniquest Travel is not assuming any obligation or liability and the client indemnifies Uniquest Travel against any consequences of non-compliance. It is the clients duty to familiarise him/herself with the inherent dangers of and mental and/or physical condition required for the proposed travel arrangements. The client must ensure that the details supplied to Uniquest Travel mirror those details shown on their passport for international travel and ID documents for local travel.
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss, as a result of “force majeure”. In these Booking Conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.